The story of a maker in the making.
Right from my childhood I always had a foot in pretty much every hobby that interested me and fortunately, the indulgence has never overburdened me nor has it hampered any other facet of my life. I believe that —
“Irrespective of the will there is always a way. If you cannot figure it out, somebody else will.”
I always was keen about expressing thoughts and solving problems through expressive and visual ways. But from the communal background, I came from, taking up fine arts or any non-(engineer/doctor) profession as a career was putting one forward to unnecessary scrutiny and judgment of the crowd. I majored in Computer Science in high school, cracked one of the most competitive examinations in the country(IIT -JEE) and stepped into Engineering as an undergraduate from Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee majoring in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering. Few months of college made me realize that I had stepped into somebody else’s shoes and thus pulled myself out of the rat race and decided to venture a different path and managed to revert back to the mental state that I once had. I was again in love with the two questions — Why? and How?
I danced, sketched, traveled, resumed playing the piano, designed, pulled myself out and recovered from a depression and took part in everything that pumped adrenaline and required my thinking cap to be on. In the whole process, I:
- Joined SDSLabs, and won the Section Trophy in the year 2015. Also, lead the design team consisting of 12 members.
- Qualified amongst the top 5 teams from IIT Roorkee in the Hackathon organized by Microsoft — Code.Fun.Do 2015 and was titled the second best-designed project using Kinect.
- Stood 6th in the country, at a B-Plan competition organized by IIM Indore
- Won two group dance competitions on a national level, serving as an Additional Secretary of the Choreography and Dance section
- Totally switched my career path as an Engineer to a Product Designer. You can read more about it here.
A huge portion of the credit to shaping up the person that I am goes to the mistakes that I have made. More importantly, the lows rather than highs that I have experienced have served as catalysts for a lot of decisions.
- I have been working remotely as the lead designer of ISKCON and am helping them on their product Krsna
- I interned at Olacabs during the summer of 2016, at Razorpay during winter 2015 and at Bewakoof.com during the summer of 2015
- I have been a member of SDSLabs (Software Development Section of IIT Roorkee) and CADS (Choreography and Dance Section, IIT Roorkee) since my first year in college and I went on to serve as the Head of Design at SDSLabs and the Additional Secretary at CADS in the final year of college.
- I kickstarted my career in designing as a freelancer and have completed more than 70 projects to date. I started off with small projects like mascots, logos, invitation etc. which gradually transcended into full-fledged end-to-end projects.
- Blazing fast while I use Illustrator, Sketch or Figma and am well acquainted with front-end development as well. To repel boredom at times, I sketch digitally using my Wacom Intuos Manga.
Thank you for taking out time to read about me.